Melamine and laminate surfaces
Melamine surfaces are subject to a 3 year warranty.
The warranty applies to the material and manufacture of the melamine surface. Defects in material and workmanship are covered for cracks and dents in melamine surfaces upon receipt of the product.
Upon receipt from your office, it is your responsibility to inspect the surface for defects in materials and workmanship. The surface will be considered free from any defect if no problem is revealed by your inspection 5 days after receiving the table top.
Please note that laminate surfaces are subject to:
- Discoloration, if the surface is constantly exposed to sunlight.
- Scratches if a sharp object is used on the table surface, without any intermediate protective surface.
* These situations are not covered by the warranty.
The melamine warranty is applicable for 1 year, subject to, but not limited to, the following limitations:
- Variations in surface finish and color, including, but not limited to, color change caused by direct exposure to sunlight for an extended period of time.
- A clear sign of a temperature variation at the location of your surfaces.
- Scratches and bumps resulting from normal daily use of the surfaces.
- Scratches and bumps resulting from improper use of the product.
- All conditions resulting from a lack of maintenance (very little maintenance is necessary, refer to our maintenance guide for more information).
- All conditions resulting from the use of a cleaning chemical (alcohol, detergent, etc.) which damages the finish.
* Please note that the warranty only applies to the original purchaser with proof of purchase and is not transferable.
Curvature of surfaces
To avoid the curvature of the surfaces (melamine panels), it is recommended to distribute the weight on the surface.
Any weight over 30 pounds not distributed could cause curvature of the surface, and this curvature is not covered by the Ergotables warranty.