The wooden surfaces are guaranteed for 1 year.
Solid wood has imperfections and irregularities that vary from board to board, like knots. This feature is one of the many features that give solid wood its unique character. We fill the holes on the top of the work surface with epoxy to make sure your surface is uniform. However, we do not fill cracks and holes below the surface to keep the wood in its natural state as much as possible.
Make sure to maintain a constant temperature and humidity level, ideally between 18 and 21 ° C and between 45 and 55% for the humidity level. Variations can put your wooden top under tension, which can lead to cracks and curves.
Upon receipt of our product, it is your responsibility to inspect the wooden surface for material and manufacturing defects. The surface will be considered free from any defect if no problem is revealed by your inspection 5 days after receiving the desk top. Subsequently, any crack or minor irregularity is considered to result from the natural movement of the wood.
In the event that a solid wood table needs to be changed and Ergotables no longer offers the type of wood in question, Ergotables reserves the right to replace the wood with another surface of equal value.
Please note that solid wood is subject to:
- Variations in wood grain (as mentioned above) and stain.
- A slight change in color over time.
- Minor cracks and irregularities due to normal movement of the wood.
- Slight bending, if the room temperature is subject to temperature and / or humidity variations.
- Scratches if a sharp object is used on the table surface, without any intermediate protective surface.
* These situations are not covered by the warranty.
The wood warranty is applicable for 3 years, subject to, but not limited to, the following limitations:
- Variations in surface finish and color, including, but not limited to, color change caused by direct exposure to sunlight for an extended period of time.
- A clear sign of a temperature variation at the location of your surfaces.
- Scratches and bumps resulting from normal daily use of the surfaces.
- Scratches and bumps resulting from improper use of the product.
- All conditions resulting from a lack of maintenance (very little maintenance is necessary, refer to our maintenance guide for more information).
- All conditions resulting from the use of a cleaning chemical (alcohol, detergent, etc.) which damages the finish and the wood.
* Please note that the warranty only applies to the original purchaser with proof of purchase and is not transferable.
Curvature of surfaces
To avoid the curvature of the surfaces, it is recommended to distribute the weight on the surface.
Any weight over 30 pounds not distributed could cause curvature of the surface, and this curvature is not covered by the Ergotables warranty.